Located in Quang Binh Province, Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park has an area of about 200,000 ha, hiding many mysteries of nature, especially the underground rivers and hundreds of magnificent caves like wonderful masterpieces.
Phong Nha – Ke Bang, like a giant geological museum, has a special value and global significance of the complex geological structure, along with the history of hundreds of millions of years ago. Experiencing the important tectonic phases, the fault moves, coordinating the platforms and curving create the rolling mountains and the sedimentary basin. From them, the diversities of geology, geomorphology of this place are formed.
- About caves: In the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, they discovered about 300 large and small caves, especially like Phong Nha cave system, Thien Duong Cave, En Cave, on Doong Cave – the largest cave around the world… and yet to be discovered.
- Underground rivers: because of the typical limestones and heavy rainfall of Phong Nha – Ke Bang area, here is a complex river system creeping around this place, sometimes these rivers undercurrents and sometimes they appear on the ground and join in 3 major rivers, including Chay River, Son River, Trooc River. Then they flow into the Gianh River, and then they pour into the East Sea.
- Flora: Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is the virgin forest in a typical limestone with characteristic plants. These plants are listed in the Vietnam red list and 25 species in the Red List of the world.
- Fauna: Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is the home to 140 mammal species, especially tigers and bull, 302 species of birds, 81 reptiles, amphibians and 10 species of rare primates like langurs and many species of fish, many snakes, geckos, lizards, scorpions…
With its excellent value from the terrain and the diversity of flora and fauna, Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park was recognized by UNESCO as a World Natural Heritage on April 7th, 2003. Phong Nha – Ke Bang attracts visitors by a lot of journeys discovering the desolate and waste nature.
This journey is an opportunity for you to enjoy the aquatic food of this place, like rice ball, grilled meat, wild vegetable, wild bananas, chickens in the hill, and fish in the spring, baked fish, along with the charming and passionate wine…
There are some kinds of staying focused on the roads ahead, national parks, with the different prices ranging from affordable guesthouses to hotels. The reference price is affordable for 12USD/room/night. On this road, some locals have homestay services for tourists.
- The dry season from February to August. This is a favorable season to participate in the caving trip. In particular, from February to May is the ideal time.
- The rainy season from September to January next year, particularly in October and November. On this period of time, you cannot visit the water cave, but the dry cave is normal to explore.